Thursday, March 29, 2012

ARETHA HENRY-JONES - CAPTIVE

Mississippi bred R&B/Pop singer-songwriter Aretha Henry-Jones has released "Captive", the first single from her upcoming sophomore album. The album is expected to be released in December.

Aretha Henry-Jones first arrived on the scene in 2008 when she began releasing singles from her debut album Beautiful which officially released in 2010. With the help of a wide spread and adoring fan base, she has built an enviable web presence as an unsigned artist.

Her latest single "Captive" further shows that Aretha Henry-Jones is the real deal. Fan reactions have all been positive:

"Beautiful voice…Lyrical and Dreamy."

"This is amazing…Love the smooth sound"

" Just amazing"

"So gorgeous…You have a special gift.."


Aretha describes on her blog what influenced "Captive" :
"At the beginning of this year, I was prepared to take a break from music since I've been hard at it since '08. I had said at the end of 2011 that I was gonna take some time for myself. Every part of my body said that I needed a break, and I was set to do just that.

It was the strangest thing, because all of a sudden, I got the biggest surge of energy, and all I wanted to do was make more music. So I asked myself, how do I slow down when I want to run?...Well, I did slow down (for about a week), but music was heavy on my mind. That's where "Captive" came from.

Music has always held me captive. No matter what, ups or downs... music has been a constant part of my life. Music is the only thing that I've never been able to run away from."

Listen to "Captive" and other music from Aretha Henry-Jones here: www.arethahenry.com/Aretha_Henry_Music.html

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...