Saturday, August 27, 2011

KID CREOLE AND THE COCONUTS - I WAKE UP SCREAMING

August Darnell's alter ego Kid Creole is back in stride with his first high profile studio album in over 10 years, I Wake Up Screaming. The new album explores the vibrant mind of Darnell with a variety of themes and styles ranging from the lilting tropical love paean “Verily Verily Verily” to “Stony And Cory,” echoing Darnell’s early days with Dr. Buzzard’s Original Savannah Band. Mixed by Brennan Green (Chinatown Records, New York) and Lars Nissen (Denmark), the album features co-compositions and co-productions with Andy Butler of Hercules & Love Affair. The album was preceded in July by the dream-like dancefloor winner, “I Do Believe,” complete with mixes by Brennan Green, Faze Action, 40 Thieves and Emperor Machine. Darnell first came to prominence during the mid-‘70s in New York, forming Dr. Buzzard’s Original Savannah Band with his brother Stony Browder before producing a slew of eccentric projects for ZE Records including Cristina, Don Armando’s Seventh Avenue Rumba Band and Gichy Dan, as well as sporting his trademark zoot suit and fedora for the first time for the debut recordings by Kid Creole & The Coconuts. Signing on to Chris Blackwell’s Island Records and Seymour Stein’s Sire imprint, Darnell would become one of the ‘80s’ most unique and recognizable figures, scoring a brace of unforgettable chart hits mixing heavyweight tropical grooves with plenty of lyrical bite – “Stool Pigeon,” “Annie, I’m Not Your Daddy,” “I’m A Wonderful Thing Baby” and more. The new Kid Creole album won't be out until September, but that doesn't mean you have to wait until then for a taste of the new music. "I Do Believe" is a work of art in true Creole style, co-written by Hercules & Love Affair's Andy Butler, and the EP features Faze Action, 40 Thieves, and album producer Brennan Green. I Wake Up Screaming will be released on September 12.

I Wake Up Screaming Tracklist
1. Stony and Cory
2. I Wake Up Screaming (In the Tropics)
3. Somebody's Got to Lose
4. I Do Believe
5. Long Live the King
6.. Verily Verily Verily
7. Tudor-Jones
8. Attitude
9. This Is My Life
10. We're Rockin' Out Tonight
11. Love Remains
12. Blow Me up
13. Just Because I Love You

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...