Sunday, June 20, 2010

MONICA MANCINI - I'VE LOVED THESE DAYS

Concord Records has announced the release of I've Loved These Days, the latest album from vocalist and double-Grammy nominee, Monica Mancini. I've Loved These Days is an 11-track collection of classic 60s songs and an opportunity for Monica to collaborate with her musical heroes, many of whom are featured on the album. I've Loved These Days was produced by famed producer Phil Ramone and his producing partner Gregg Field. Ramone, who produced a number of the original recordings, hand picked world-class musicians to surround Monica and her guests that he knew could bring a contemporary perspective to these classic songs. On I've Loved These Days, Mancini is also joined by an orchestra arranged and conducted by multi-Grammy winner Jorge Calandrelli, who also collaborated with Monica on a previous album, Cinema Paradiso. The gorgeously crafted collection of songs is by artists who had a profound impact on Monica's formative musical years, including Lennon & McCartney, Paul Simon, Stevie Wonder, Jackson Browne, Harry Nilsson, Brian Wilson, Billy Joel and Janis Ian. Joining Monica on "I've Loved These Days" are original composers Jackson Browne, offering guitar and vocal accompaniment on "These Days", Brian Wilson and the multi- Grammy winning vocal group Take 6 contributing vocals and arranging on "God Only Knows," Stevie Wonder harmonically duets on "Blame It On the Sun," and the Young Rascals', Felix Cavaliere provides B-3 organ accompaniment on his classic "How Can I Be Sure." "I'm beyond thrilled to have made this album and work with these artists and producers! For me, it's always about the songwriters and their songs" said Mancini. "As an artist, it has been an important project for very personal reasons and what I needed to do. I hope people will discover new meaning in the music as I have. This is my way of exploring my musical heroes and discovering what their songs continue to reveal."

I’ve Loved These Days Tracklisting:
1. The Days (4:31)
2. God Only Knows (3:15)
3. American Tune (4.27)
4. Blame It On The Sun (5:00)
5. How Can I Be Sure (3:39)
6. I’ll Follow The Sun (3:04)
7. Ballad Of The Sad Young Men (5:53)
8. Something So Right (3:46)
9. I’ve Loved These Days (3:04)
10. Joy (3:25)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...