Monday, April 14, 2008

THE SUPREMES – LET THE MUSIC PLAY: SUPREME RARITIES 1960-1969

Motown/Hip-O-Select is gearing for an April 29 release of nearly 50 rare Supremes tracks, that will see the light of day on a new double-disc set, "Let the Music Play: Supreme Rarities 1960-1969." "Let The Music Play: Supreme Rarities 1960-1969" includes alternate versions or vocals on favorites such as "You Can't Hurry Love," "Back in My Arms Again," "Someday We'll Be Together" and "I'll Set You Free," plus extended or alternate mixes of "Uptight," "I Can't Help Myself (Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch)" and "Don't Let True Love Die." Also included will be several covers, ranging from Tom Jones' "It's Not Unusual" to the Rolling Stones' "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction," a spin on the Beatles' "I Saw Her Standing There" renamed "I Saw Him Standing There" and "MacArthur Park."Heres the track listing for "Let the Music Play:

Supreme Rarities 1960-1969":
Disc one:
"You Can Depend On Me"
"Tears Of Sorrow" (Motown version)
"Because I Love Him"
"Hey Baby" (version 1)
"Too Hot"
"You're Gonna Come To Me" (version 1)
"You're Gonna Come To Me" (version 2)
"It Makes No Difference Now" (alternate version)
"Come On Boy" (alternate version)
"Just Call Me" (stereo mix)
"I Saw Him Standing There"
"Not Fade Away"
"Ooowee Baby" (alternate mix)
"It's All Your Fault" (version 1)
Hits Medley: "Come See About Me"/"Baby Love"/"Stop! In The Name Of Love"
"Cupid" (alternate extended mix)
"Take Me Where You Go" (alternate version)
"Back In My Arms Again" (alternate vocal)
"You Can't Hurry Love" (alternate vocal)
"Mickey's Monkey"
"Uptight" (alternate mix)
"It's Not Unusual"
"(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction"
"Come And Get These Memories" (alternate mix)
"I Can't Help Myself (Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch)" (alternate mix)
"Let The Music Play" (alternate vocal)

Disc two:"Don't Let True Love Die" (extended version)
"What A Friend We Have In Jesus"
"Every Time I Feel The Spirit"
"Believe In Me"
"The Beginning Of The End Of Love" (stereo mix)
"People" (Unedited Version)
"Over The Rainbow"
"Wish I Knew"
"I Can't Give Back The Love I Feel For You"
"I'll Set You Free" (alternate vocal)
"Ain't No Sun Since You've Been Gone"
"In The Evening Of Our Love"
"Love Child" (extended version with alternate vocal)
"Those Precious Memories"
"I'm Livin' In Shame" (version 1)
"MacArthur Park"
"You're Gonna Hear From Me"
"Canadian Sunset"
"Autumn Leaves"
"The Look Of Love"
"Someday We'll Be Together" (alternate vocal)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...